North East Honeymoon Package
Sikkim is a small yet beautiful Indian town situated in the eastern Himalayas. It is spread below Mount Kanchendzonga that lies 28,225 feet above sea level and is the third highest mountain in the world. The Sikkim dwellers revere the mountain as a protective deity. It shares its borders with Bhutan to the east and Tibet to the North, West Bengal to the south and Nepal to the west.
Duration: 05 Nights / 06 Days
Destination Covered: Bagdogra - New Japaiguri - Gangtok - Kalimpong - Darjeeling
- Enjoyable vibrant lake view at Tshangu Lake.
- Picturesque view of sunrise at Tiger Hills.
- An enjoyable treat of cake once during stay.
- 01 chocolate box once during stay.
- Flower bouquet once during arrival of the visitor.
- 01 candle light dinner once at the hotel stay in Kalimpong.
Day 1: Arrive Bagdogra / New Jaipalguri onto Darjeeling (98 Kms / Approx. 3 Hrs Drive)
Welcome to North East Tour!
On arrival at the Bagdogra airport or the Railway Station in New Jalpaiguri, your tour begins. On arrival, you check into your hotel. The rest of the day is at one’s own leisure to explore the beautiful hill station while relaxing. An overnight stay at Darjeeling.
Day 2: Darjeeling
Early in the morning, you take a tour to Tiger Hills which is 8364 ft / 2550mts at around 4 a.m. to view the breathtaking sunrise over Kanchendzonga Peak. This tour is successful during clear weather. From this destination, one can view Mount Everest which is the highest mountain in the world. The early morning hesitant sunrays paint the peaks in pale gold, giving the whole view a picturesque quality. On the way from this experience, you visit Ghoom Monastery and Batasia Loop.
After breakfast, you go for half day sight-seeing of Darjeeling. This is a perfect opportunity to visit the Japanese Pagoda established by Nipponzan Myohoji, who was a Japanese Buddhist order. The pagoda, showcasing the four avatars of the Buddha, is the highest free structure in town. It is painted in gold and polish and has eight carvings on stone carvings that depict the life of Buddha during different stages.
The Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (closed on Thursdays) and Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park are dedicated towards the conservation of endangered fauna of the Himalayas and home to the Red Panda which is an endangered species. Apart from the Red Panda, there are several other animals like the Siberian Panda, Tibetan Wolf and Snow Leopard. At the institute, Tenzing and Gombu Rock; a huge rock in Darjeeling, can be seen. The rock is named after Tenzing; the man who together with Edmund Hillary, climbed the Mount Everest in 1953 to create history.
There is the Tibetan Refugees Self Help Center (closed on Sunday) that houses refugees who fled Tibet during China’s invasion. This is the place to see important handicraft as well as Tea estate that offer visitors the opportunity to see various works of creativity.
The rest of the day is spent at one’s own leisure. The visitor can take time to enjoy in-house facilities of the hotel. An overnight stay at Darjeeling.
Day 3: Onto Kalimpong (57 Kms / Approx. 3 Hrs Drive)
After breakfast today, drive to Kalimpong. Upon arrival at Kalimpong, you check into your hotel. This is one perfect destination enshrined with ancient Buddhist monasteries, exquisite revered temples and old churches dating back to several centuries. Before British interference, it was part of Bhutan. Later on, it was joined to the Indian Territory.
In the afternoon, the visitor enjoys half day tour of Kalimpong. During the visit, some places to sample include Mangal Dham, Dr. Grahams Home, Deolo Hill, Flower Nurseries, Durpin Dala Hills and Golf Garden. The remainder of the evening is at one’s own leisure and pleasure. Overnight stay in Kalimpong.
Day 4: Onto Gangtok(78 Kms / Approx. 3 Hrs Drive)
After breakfast today, you will be transferred to Gangtok which is 5,480ft. You check into your hotel room. In the afternoon, you proceed for a tour of Cottage Industry, Handicraft Center, Flower Show, Dro-dul Chorten, Banjakhri Falls and Enchey Monastery that lasts half day. The rest of the evening is at the visitor’s leisure. Overnight stay in Gangtok.
Day 5: In Gangtok, Excursion to Tsomgo Lake and Baba Mandir
This morning after breakfast, you will proceed for an exciting excursion of Tshangu Lake which is situated at a height of 12400ft/3780mts, and an average depth of 50ft.
This is one perfect opportunity not to miss out on for any reason. The cool water of the lake blends well with the scenic surrounding beauty. During winter, the lake freezes completely and is quite revered by the locals. At times there are landslides or poor weather that may necessitate its closure. When this happens, alternative sightseeing is provided. Overnight stay in Gangtok.
Day 6: Depart Gangtok
Today the visitor bids Gangtok, otherwise known as The Romantic Getaway of the Northeast; farewell. He/she is transferred to the Airport at Bagdogra or railway station in New Jaipalguri for an onward journey.
- Accommodations in listed hotels or similar ones.
- All transfers and sightseeing by non air-conditioned vehicle as per the itinerary. The vehicle is not at disposal and instead, as scheduled.
- Meals- Daily buffet breakfast as per the itinerary.
- An enjoyable treat of a cake once during stay.
- 01 chocolate box once during the stay.
- Flower bouquet once during arrival.
- 01 candle light dinner.
- Currently applicable taxes like hotel and transportation.
- Any transport to/from Bagdogra/ New Jalpaiguri. Your tour price starts Ex Bagdogra/New Jalpaiguri.
- Air/ Bus Fare to/from your originating city or country of stay unless specified.
- Items of personal nature viz, tips, porterage, laundry, room service, mineral water, alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages, additional sightseeing costs, phone calls, still or video camera fees not included in the itinerary.
- Any meals/ en route meals unless specified.
- Any increase in fuel coast, entrance fees, government taxes, intra and interstate taxes etc are amended accordingly.
- Entrance fees and guide charges wherever applicable.
- Any items not specifically mentioned in the “Tour Price Includes” column.
- Supplement charges applicable for long weekends/holidays or festivals.
- 9% Government service tax.