The Queen of Hills
Darjeeling, also popularly known as the Queen of Hills has been a popular tourist destination in north east India since the time of British rule. British developed this place like other hill stations of India for respite from Indian summer. The view of enchanting snowlines of the Himalayas, along with a hot sip of famous Darjeeling tea and charm of the pine meadows wins hearts of every tourist.
View of Kanchenjunga and Darjeeling mountain railway (steam engine maountain rail) are world famous attractions. Apart from these, other popular attractions in Darjeeling include Ghoom Monastery, Batasia Loop, P.N. Zoological Park , Tenzing Rock, Tibetan Refugee self-help Centre, Ropeway and Japanese Temple. While you are in Darjeeling you should not miss a visit to Kalimpong. There you can visit Mangal Dham, Deolo Hill, Dr. Graham’s Home, Golf Garden, Durpin Dara Hills & Pine View Nursery.
April to June is the best time to visit Darjeeling. This Memorable India Darjeeling tour will take you for a joyful ride through a scenic green hill landscape and treat your taste buds with mouth watering local cuisine. (Ask for Momos and Thupkas) Shop to your hearts content for hill products and handicrafts of local artisans and trek through the scented valleys and meadows.
Duration: 03 Nights / 04 Days
Destination Covered: Darjeeling - Kalimpong
Day 01: NJP Rly Station / IXB Airport - Darjeeling (75 Kms / 3 Hrs)
Meet & Greet on arrival at NJP Railway Station / IXB Airport & transfer to Darjeeling (6,950 ft.). On arrival Check-in to hotel & rest of the day at leisure. Overnight stay at Darjeeling.
Day 02: Darjeeling Sightseeing
Early Morning (at 04:00 am) drive to Tiger hill (8,400 ft.) to watch the spectacular sunrise over Mt. Khangchendzongha (28,208 ft. Worlds’ 3rd highest peak), on your way back visit Ghoom Monastery and Batasia Loop. After breakfast visit Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, P.N. Zoological Park (Thursday closed), Tenzing Rock, Tibetan Refugee self-help Centre (Sunday closed), Tea Garden (outer view), Ropeway and Japanese Temple. Evening free for shopping or leisure. Overnight stay at Darjeeling.
Day 03: Darjeeling - Kalimpong (57 Kms / 2½ Hrs) Sightseeing
After Breakfast transfer to Kalimpong (3,950 ft.). On arrival check-in to your hotel. Afternoon enjoy half day tour of Kalimpong Visiting Mangal Dham, Deolo Hill, Dr. Graham’s Home, Golf Garden, Durpin Dara Hills & Pine View Nursery. Overnight stay at Kalimpong.
Day 04: Kalimpong - NJP Rly Station / IXB Airport (75 Kms / 3 Hrs)
After breakfast Check-out from hotel on time and take the departure transfer to NJP Railway Station / IXB airport for your onward journey.
- Accommodation on twin Sharing Basis.
- Meal Plan (as per mentioned above).
- Exclusive Non a/c vehicle for transfers & sightseeing. Please brief to guest that vehicle will not be at disposal it will be available to guest as per itinerary only (point to point basis).
- All permit fees & hotel taxes (as per itinerary).
- Rates are valid for INDIAN NATIONALS only.
Package doesn’t includes:
- Air Fare / Train fare.
- Personal Expenses such as Laundry, telephone calls, tips & gratuity, mineral water, soft & hard drinks, rafting, rock climbing, paragliding, joy ride (Toy Train), porterage.
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entrance Fees & Guide charges.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc (to be borne by the client, which is directly payable on the spot).
- Any increase in taxes or fuel price, leading to increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- Room Heater Charges.
- Gov. Service Tax 9%
- Anything which is not included in the inclusion.